Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Tale of Two Baby Albums

This baby album is inspired by Laura's Baby Album featured on her bog "The Paper Trail." (as a matter of fact, it is VERY similar except I used my cricut to cut the embellishments out)  Laura's paper crafts are just beautiful so check her out.  My idea was to make one album for myself and while I'm at it, make one for my dear sister.  BUT I decided they are too cute, I am keeping them both!  I have two girls and thought if I mixed up their pictures in one album you would not be able to tell them apart.  Maybe I will put together an album for dear sister that is not so girly because she had a boy and two girls.  Yes, I am doing dear sister a favor by keeping both albums.

I put some notes on the bottom of the slide show to inform you what carts were used.  The inside paper is from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl Stack, and an older DCWV Spring Stack for the cover.  I did not have Laura's pattern, so I just made my own.  The pages inside the "diaper bag" cover are pockets that have tags inside.  My paper was not double sided, so I stamped a design on the part that would show.  Wire ribbon was used for the handles.  I cut a paper cross from the Easter cartridge and glued this to a Tim Holtz fragment charm to hang on the handle. 

Now, all I need to do if find some pictures of my sweet baby girls!